Performance Expectations of the Role
As a Service Assistant, you will develop a thorough understanding of the client's suite of lending products in order to provide a high level of service and an excellent client experience. Your role involves managing the client journey from initial contact to loan application and exploring the customers complete banking needs.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
Grow the Business
- Assist all Call Centre Staff in assisting the customers to ensure timely approval and settlement
- Proactively action all opportunities via the Branch to retain existing business (loans, deposits and membership)
- Ensure all leads via the Branch are accurately recorded, actioned and followed up
- Actively seek/identify opportunities to promote all the client's products and services to meet member needs
- Track and report to the Manager your weekly sales activities and results
- Provide members with accurate and timely advice on the client's products, services and supporting process
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with members, internal customers and other parties
- Ensure effective resolution of complaints and issues escalated by members
- Stay current with competitor offers and compliance requirements
- Accurately process transaction requests for members and staff
- Produce and send accurate documentation to members
- Operate within the client's policies and procedures
Measures of success:
- Increase member satisfaction ratings
- Minimise member complaints
- Satisfactory quality assurance and audit outcomes
- Loan turnaround times are within agreed service level standards
- Achievement of Individual Service Quality scores
- Identify opportunities to improve organisational/team processes and raise with Manager
- Assist in the development/coaching of new staff
- Work collaboratively with the Lending Services Team to prepare quality loan applications and also to deliver on required SLAs
- Actively contribute and participate in team meetings
- Proactively integrate learning outcomes into daily operations
- Be prepared to take on tasks and responsibilities outside standard role requirements
Call Centre Operations
- Provide administrative support to the Call Centre staff by proactively and accurately:
- Loading loan applications into the loan origination system
- Checking off conditional approval requirements
- Following up outstanding conditions
- Preparing member communications
- Assist with inbound and outbound calls within the Call Centre as required
Policy and Compliance
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the client's:
- Lending processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and the client's policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all dealings are conducted in an ethical and compliant manner.
- Ensure that you complete all training and development identified for your role in a timely manner, including:
- Other specific training identified.
- Actively participate in training and coaching sessions and integrate learning into your day to day role and regular team meetings.
- Seek to develop your knowledge and skillset to best support the business
- Active participation and ownership of projects as required.
- Build your awareness of current practices across the industry.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in banking industry
- Experience in a contact centre or telephone sales environment
- A solid working knowledge of lending products and services
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability working with data to analyse and highlight trends
- The ability to influence internal stakeholders and external partners/suppliers
- Proficient on all Microsoft applications
- A willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to build good working relationships to achieve common goals
- Committed to providing outstanding Member experience in all interactions
- Demonstrates effective workflow management and attention to detail
- Operate within quality guidelines