What the Industrial Relations Omnibus Bill will change for your business in 2021
In this open consultation with a labour law expert we found out:
- The new way temps and casuals will be classified, and the terms you can hire them on to avoid future problems.
- Your obligations around casual conversion and how to minimise the admin burden.
- How to avoid potential backpay claims from your existing temps and casuals.
- What you need to do during the 6 month transition period and what rules will be backdated.
- What award systems are changing and how some employers can save on overtime loading.
- How you might be able to strike lower pay deals if your business has been impacted by COVID-19.
Our expert guest was Nick Tindley, Partner with FCB Workplace Law and member the Workplace Policy Committee of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Watch the recording below: